Posted by: Euwwww | 2009-08-13

Red line

I have ths red ' line'  about 0.5-1cm from the top of my but cheeks into my anus. It really itches. I had a colon scope a while back, dont know if it has anhting to do with it. I noticed somehting similar for the first time when I was overseas two years back , but then the line was upheaved and swollen, really itchy, went away and now seem to came back? What can it be?

Dear Euwww
If it is in the fold of the buttocks you may have a fungal infection there and something like Lamisil cream for at least 10 days may help. It does not have any relationship with the colonoscopy. Let your docto have a look as you will need a prescription anyway for the cream if it is a fungal infection
dr Bets