Question
Posted by: mohamed | 2012-04-13

Red, Heavy Eyes

Hi Doc.

Yesterday, during the day my eyes were unusually red and burning during the day. Then at night. While driving home they were extremey sensitive to light. They were extremely heavy and watering. All they wanted to do is close. I thought maybe it was just the tiredness. However, This morning after waking up. Its the same problem. Only worse. As soon as I open my eyes, they start watering and want to close. Its heavy, red and extremely sensitive to light. I was exposed to a lot of dust last night, I don''t know if it could be an infection from that? I have never suffered from something like this before.I am very worried.

Mohamed

You most probably had a reaction to the dust. You can use Spersallerg (used for allergic eye reactions and is available over the counter) eye drops to alleviate your symptoms. If your symptoms does not alleviate after the use of Spersallerg, you will have to consult your doctor for an examination.