Question
Posted by: TINKS | 2009/11/04

RED EYES - GLAUCOMA SUFFERER

I HAVE POSTED THIS MESSAGE ON PEOPLE WITH VISION PROBLEMS BUT NOT YET RECEIVED A RESPONSE - MAYBE YOU COULD ADVISE

Subject: RED EYES
Posted by: TINKIE | 27/10/2009

I HAVE GLAUCOMA AND I CURRENTLY USE DUOTRAV 1 PER DAY AND ALPHAGAN PURITE 2 A DAY. HOWEVER, MY EYES ARE OFTEN VERY RED AND FOR THAT I HAVE BEEN USING ALLERGAN CELLFRESH. HOWEVER THIS IS NOT WORKING ANY LONGER. COULD YOU PLEASE RECOMMEND SOMETHING, BECAUSE I AM SOMETIMES AFRAID OF GOING IN PUBLIC PLACES BECAUSE OF THE STARES AND THE QUESTIONS I GET ASKED. ONLY PERSONS WHO ARE AWARE OF MY CONDITION UNDERSTAND WHY I LOOK LIKE THAT - BUT I NEED TO USE SOMETHING. MY OPTHALMOLOGIST HAS OVER THE YEARS CHANGED MY MEDICATION TO PREVENT THE REDDENING. I DONT USE MAKE UP ANY LONGER BECAUSE THIS CAUSE EYE INFECTIONS. PLEASE ADVISE

READER' S REPLY
Subject: RE: RED EYES
Posted by: TINKIE | 2/11/2009
THIS IS RED EYE AGAIN - MY EYE HS BEEN SQUINTING WHOLE WEEKEND - SHOULD I CONTACT THE OPTHALMOLOGIST OR WILL IT RECTIFY ITSELF???

Hallo Tinks
I think you should please contact your opthalmologist - squinting is not normal and it will not rectify itself. Close angle glaucoma may cause severe eye pain accompanied by nausea, blurred vision, rainbows around lights, and a red eye. You may also be sensitive to the preservative they use in the eyedrops ( if is mercury)
dr Bets

2
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2009/11/04

Hallo Tinks
dr Bets

Reply to cyberdoc
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2009/11/04

Hallo Tinks
dr Bets

Reply to cyberdoc