Question
Posted by: KO | 2011-05-09

Red bumps on neck

Two days ago I got two large itchy bumps on my shoulder under my bra strap. Since then I have been very itchy, especially on my shoulders, necks and arms. Today I have developed 4 more bumps on my neck. The bumps on my shoulder haven''t disappeared yet and are still itchy. I don''t think these are insect bites. What could be the cause of these bumps and intense itch?

KO

It is possible that your bumps are caused by insect bites with an area of local irritation and inflammation around the bump. You can use safely use a product like Anthisan cream to alleviate the symptoms. If it does not however, improve within a day or two, you can consult a dermatologist for an examination.