Posted by: Red foot | 2012-11-30

Red blothes on feet

I have a red patch at the same space on both feet, just above the big toe on the foot bridge. Blotchy red flare probably the size of a five rand coin, but no particular shape or texture. Each blotch has a solid round bump under the skin (you can feel it and see it sticking out, probably with a diameter of 5 mm). I currently have a cortisone ointment which does nothing. I had a fungal ointment before, did nothing. It doesn''t hurt. I''ve had it for about two months now. It isn''t getting worse and my GP said it isn''t a bunion or corn. It also isn''t shoe-related as I haven''t worn anything that presses there since it started. Please help.

Expert ImagePodiatrist

I would suggest that you consult with a podiatrist that can do a proper assessment of your foot, check your circulation and have a look at your biomechanics. For your nearest podiatrist 0861 100 249