Question
Posted by: nash | 2009/01/21

red blotches on skin

I suffer from water retention due to blood pressure. i take medication for it when it starts. i noticed red blotches on the bottom of my leg the other day and now it has spread to both legs and also on my feet. is this a result of the meds or something else

Dear Nash
This may be infection or inflammation of the soft tissue or may be a rare kind of allergy called erythema nodosum caused by some water pills. Let your doctor have a look at these areas - you may need to change to another kind of waterpill or get some antibiotics.