Posted by: Liezel | 2009-02-15

Red area on palate and tenderness cheek

I have a red lesion on my hard palate (front of mouth next to the right front teeth). It is painful and I also have a tenderness in my right cheek, it feels like a dead painful feeling. It is on the side of the red lesion. I do get this very often, sometimes without the pain in my cheek. I did see a doctor a year ago and she told me that this was a cold sore on my palate. This lesion is usually on the hard palate, but November last year it was on my soft palate, but this wasn' t sore. I do not know what to use and why is it recurring this often. It is very painful and I also have associated headaches. About two weeks ago I have been off-balanced for two weeks. I do not know if this is all related. Thank you for your advise.

Dear Liezel

Thank you for visiting

I recommend that you consult an ear, nose and throat specialist, in order to make a clear diagnosis.