Posted by: Religion | 2009-08-19

I know that my faith lies with God and I am a believer. I just cannot find a proper church to settle down in.

My boyfriend attended a church service without me on Sunday. I could tell because he was dressed smartly. For some reason I felt a little upset that he didn' t ask me. Why should I feel this way. He is allowed to go to church.

He now wants to attend an Alpha Course that friends of ours mentioned if we would like to go. No arrangements have been made but my boyfriend told me he is interested in going.

I am not keen to go and should I feel guilty about this? I don' t know why I feel guilty. I haven' t done anything wrong.

I' m not a church goer. I have attended churches but for some reason I would be listening and not understand a word. I enjoy spending time on my own enjoy a good book about God. I have found that certain churches are way too loud for me so I stopped attending.

Actually I am not making any sense here at all. I don' t always understand religion, more specifically Christianity.

Some views and advice from readers on here??? Please.

Having a religious and spiritual life is not identical to going to church. Some church-goers, of all faiths, show very little sign of religious or spiritual guidance in their lives, and some very spiritual people don't go to church. But it's unfortunate that your quest to find what best suits you, seems to involve discomfort at your bf searching without taking you along, even if you don't want to go where he's going !
Maybe, apart from whether o not you attgend sevices, you could find a minister whose views appeal to you, who might agree to meet with you and discus your concerns ?

Posted by: CTMom | 2009-08-20

You can worship in your home, in your own way. I don' t see why people feel the need to go to church 1 day a week. Usually, I don' t need guidance/comfort on a Sunday morning, I need it at 2am on a Tuesday when my son is sick, on Wednesday at 4pm when my husband is stuck in traffic etc.

Enjoy the Lord in your own way. If that means cuddling in blanket with some hot chocolate and watching the rain fall enjoying the miracle of life, then so be it!

Reply to CTMom

Your spiritual life is your own business. You can feel free to attend church or alpha course with boyfriend as a matter of expanding your horizon. it doesn' t mean you are joining his church. I haven' t belonged to a church for 20 years but I am very spiritual and believe that a higher power guides and protects me. I agree that some people love being in a church and others don' t and that' s all there is to it.

Posted by: Red | 2009-08-19

Oops I got my name and subject mixed up. It is supposed to be religion and not red hehehe.

Reply to Red