Question
Posted by: sue | 2008/07/30

Recycling

I have been recycling for years now and cannot understand why more people don' t do it. Sure, it means a bit of effort, but isn' t it worth it in the long run? The same goes for cremation over burial - there is a problem every winter in the waterlogged areas/cemeteries in Cape Town but people don' t want to listen to ideas about change.

Expert ImageEnviroHealth expert

I think it's partly just ingrained bad habits - it really is a lot like being unhealthy. Then when you actually do make the change you realise it wasn't all THAT difficult.

The cremation over burial argument is a tough one to win, because you're coming up against entrenched cultural practices.

There are other options too. You might find this interesting "Death: a greener way to go" http://www.health24.com/medical/Condition_centres/777-792-1461-1671,34512.asp