Question
Posted by: Malesedi Moamohe | 2010/01/19

Recurring Stroke

Goodday Doc, my mother in law recently suffered from a stroke and the symptoms she had were a pimple on her chin that was giving her a headache over a few days, her face was drooping to the right hand side and her eye had turned towards corner of the right hand side. Her appetite was affected and she refused to seek medical attention. by the way she is also type 2 Diabetic and has hypertension. I fear the stroke has recurred as she is showing similar symptoms again. ie, the pimple on her chin. PLs help!!!!!!!!!

Hallo Malesedi
I think the Pimple was just a coincidence, it is not a sign of stroke. The symptoms of stroke are distinct because they happen quickly:
Sudden numbness or weakness of the face, arm, or leg (especially on one side of the body)
Sudden confusion, trouble speaking or understanding speech
Sudden trouble seeing in one or both eyes
Sudden trouble walking, dizziness, loss of balance or coordination
Sudden severe headache with no known cause
She needs to see a doctor urgently if she has these symptoms

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010/01/19

Hallo Malesedi

Reply to cyberdoc