Question
Posted by: Dreamgirl | 2008/10/20

Recurring nightmare

I keep having these dreams of my husband having an affair with me, with different women each time. It' s been going on for years now. The dreams feel so real and horrible, and I always wake up feeling really upset, but then I look at him sleeping next to me and forget about it, telling myself it was just a dream.

I have no reason to worry about him cheating on me. So why do I always dream of it?

I hate having these dreams. What could be wrong?

Most dreams have no meaning whatsoever. Recurrent themes usually represent real and recurring worries or concerns. And dreams are not reasonable, so they don't reflect anyhing to do with your having any REASON to suspect him of infidelity, but rather a fear you have, for whatever reason, that he might be unfaithful. Seeing a personal counsellor could usefully help you to explore these cobncerns and set them to rest