Question
Posted by: Dee | 2008/08/13

Recurring Migraine

Hello,

I really hope you can help me. A few years ago I sustained severe facial damage when I was hit in the face with a brick while travelling home on the train. Whenever I get sinus infections or flu, I get bad facial pain, mostly along the areas where the fractures were and I am prone to nasty headaches, which happen mostly on the right side of my face/head, which is where most of the damage was. Recently, I have had a bad bout of flu, on Friday I started to get a headache, on the right side of my head, above my eye &  it got progressively worse, the right side of my face went numb, down to my lips. I took 2 Tramacets that were prescribed when my doctor gave me meds for the flu &  they did not help. This headache resulted in me vomiting most of the night &  it did seem to go away the following day but keeps returning in the same area. I have tried wearing my glasses for longer to see if it helps (my right eye' s lens was damaged) but I cant seem to get rid of this headache. I cant keep taking meds like this, what can I do to stop this. Please help me, I would appreciate any help or advice.
Thank you,
Dee

Expert ImageHeadache expert

Dear Dee,

It seems clear that there may be some residual damage from your injury. I need more information though – can you please call me on 0825555763 so that we can discuss your problem in greater detail.

1
Posted by: headache doctor | 2008/08/21

Dear Dee - sorry I couldn' t take your call the other day - please call me again

Reply to headache doctor