Question
Posted by: SJ | 2012-09-06

Recurring fungal-type skin infection

Hi Doc,

I have an issue where I get a fungal type infection on my face but only on a specific part. Symptoms are, flaking of the skin, itchiness and redness. I''ve seen a GP and Dermatologist and my GP prescribed an anti-fungal cream that I have used with success but for which I need a prescription.

Something that has worried me is that I have moles in the areas that this is occuring around but my GP and Dermatologist have said the moles look okay. I would like to have the moles removed but my skin tends to form keloids.

So my question is whether you suggest I get a recurring course of the cream that has proved to help the fungal infection and whether you can shed some light on why this could be happening. Another question is what your advice would be for me to have the moles removed without forming keloids (any " Superhero"  Dermatologist referrals would be great too).

Thanks for your time,
SJ

SJ

You can get a second opinion from a dermatologist. The moles can be removed with laser therapy, thus the formation of keloids can be avoided. The dermal yeast infection, might need oral anti-fungal treatment to get rid of it permanently.