Posted by: janq | 2009-09-26

recurring corn on ball of foot

My podiatrist says that this is coming from the sesamoid bone on the bottom of my left foot. He doesn' t want to remove the bone, but because the fat pad is practically non-existent, he feels that " shaving"  the sesamoid flat and smooth will help. Could you explain how this " surgery"  is performed and how long recuperation generally takes? Will I have to be off weight-bearing for long? And willl I be able to drive? He also wants to perform a great toe fusion on the right foot...since I' ve been having pain in that toe and also have a bone spur under the nail? How will this affect my weight-bearing and driving?
Thank you.

I suggest that you ask all your questions to your podiatrist, as he/she is a specialist in this field.