Posted by: Concerned | 2009-10-30

Recurring bladder infections

Hi Doctor, 3 weeks ago I went to the doctor and was diagnosed with a bladder infection. He gave me antibiotics and when I went back it had cleared. I went back to the doctor 1 week ago and it was back, I was put on more antibiotics and it cleared. I can feel the infection is back and am seriously at my wits end!!

I do everything said to prevent infections, lots of water, wiping front to back, urinating after intercourse but nothing seems to be working!! I have been going to the doctor frequently in the last few weeks for high blood pressure (I am 25), I have had sonars done on my kidney' s, blood tests, thyroid tests etc. but they can' t get to the bottom of the high BP. The last thing that I have to do it is the 24 hour monitor.

I am really at my wits end, bladder infections, high blood! I have been to 5 different doctors in 2 months and still there seems to be no help for me.

Please be so kind as to advise if a urine MC&S (analysis) was done to see which bacteria is causing the recurrent bladder infections and to what the bacteria is sensitive too. I do however, suggest that you consult an urologist to rule out any structural causes for the infections. I also recommend that you use Cranberry capsules 7500mg, twice daily and apply an estrogen based cream to your vagina for at least 14 days.

With regards to the your high blood pressure, you should have the 24 hour monitor test done.

If all tests regarding your blood pressure is normal, you might be suffering from essential primary hypertension. Refer to the following link: