Question
Posted by: Jelly | 2010-12-21

Recurrent pregnancy loss

I''ve had three pregnancy losses this year. I have fallen pregnant quickly each time but have had various problems. First was an ectopic. Second was a blighted ovum. Third was rather confusing - early bleeding, empty uterus with thin lining, HCG rising normally and then dropped on its own. Basically it was not diagnosed as anything(still waiting) - not sure what it was but I was pregnant, somewhere. My doc recommends we start immune testing etc which we will do. Do you have any thoughts? And do I have these tests done with my gynae or with a fert. specialist? Thanks

It sounds like the losses were all different but it would be agood idea to have some tests at this point. Have them with your gynae. Fertility specialists deal with women who are not able to fall pregnant.

3
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2010-12-23

Posted by: Jelly | 2010-12-22

Thanks for sharing your story Meez. Very interesting. Congrats on your babies and good luck with the rest of your pregnancy. The road is a bit tougher for some of us hey, but hopefully we will get there. Enjoy every moment.

Reply to Jelly
Posted by: Meez | 2010-12-21

So sorry to hear about ure loss i too suffered the same but i had six of those all differed from blighted ovum, no heartbeat, sac with no fetus etc.... traumatising and very heartsore! doc did tests and found that my insulin levels inbalanced when i''m pregnant but my sugar was fine and my blood thickens too when i''m pregnant therefore blood clots formed around my womb so basically no oxygen was entering my womb for baby... therefore i would miscarry so i was put on metformin (balance insulin) and ecotrin (thin my blood) and it helped me i fell pregnant a month later had a healthy baby boy his 2 yrs old now and now i''m 27 wks preggies again with my third child and it''s a girl.... so excited! Good luck and i really hope they find out wot the cause to ure losses are and hope u have a healthy bouncy baby real soon. xxx

Reply to Meez