Question
Posted by: Annelize | 2011/06/23

Recuperation period for keyhole surgery to remove an ovarian cyst

My gynae mentioned the possibility that I may need to undergo keyhole surgery to drain an ovarian cyst if it doesn''t disappear on its own in 2-3 cycles after 10 days treatment with progesterone tablets. It is still quite small (about 4 cm).

My question is: What is the recovery period for this procedure? Will I come home the same day or the next day? How long will I take to recuperate?

You should come home the same day or the next day, and would probbaly need 2 weeks off work.

1