Posted by: Ron | 2011-10-07

Rectum Discharge / Fissure

Hi, my husband had a tear in his rectum some years back, he had a small procedure done at the time to correct. The other day I found a what looks like a pencil but has a round tip, it''s solid. He says when he goes to loo for a dump, it feels like his insides are tearing so he was giving this item to insert ??? I can''t seem to find any research on inserting any item for anal fissure - can you advise if this is correct? He doesn''t insert every day, only when the pain is unbearable.

Unfortunately, I am not familiar with this device. There is a bowel stimulating device available but you will have to ask his gastroenterologist about this. It is important that he keeps his stools soft by using a product like Laxette syrup, taking in a lot of fluids and increase his fibre intake. This should relief the pain when passing a stool.