Question
Posted by: Ann | 2011/08/24

Rectocele?

Hi Doc, I have a situation (self diagnosed) when i need to make a poo, i can push as hard as I like, but the poo won''t come out, i feel the pressure in the area between my anus and my vagina and if i push on that area the poo comes out (my anus of course) sometimes it is very large and hurts, and sometimes if i don''t push on that area i can feel the poo moving sideways and then i struggle to get it out! is there anything i can do to fix this? what kinda doc must i see about this? are there any complications with this when giving birth?

If you have a rectocoele, you should see a gynaecologist. It may be that you are just constipated though, and can try altering your diet.

1