Rectal discharge

I have a strange thing happening, which I have discussed with my GP, but he didn' t seem to be concerned. I tend to have something of a discharge from my rectum. At random times during the day, I feel as if I need to wipe my bottom. It is just as if I had not wiped myself properly when I used the toilet. However, I have becoming accustomed o takeing a shower after using the toilet and I still have this happening. I can feel that I need to go and wipe up. Sometimes there are traces of blood as well. Who would you recommend that I go and see for this?

Dear Anonymous
I think you should at least get a rectal examination and if needed, a sigmoidoscopy. A gastroenterologist or surgeon would be the right specialist to see.