Question
Posted by: jagparker | 2010-06-03

RECTAL BLEEDING

Hi there, Doc
I had a hysterectomy in September 2008. Cancer was found, but cut out.
This morning, I woke up and barely made it to the toilet. I had the most awful diarhea. No problem, felt not great the whole day, severely exhausted.
I have just been to the toilet and saw blood! Couldn''t believe it, but found that it was from the anus and not the viginal area. What could this be? The blood was bright red.
What do I do now? Or is it just nothing?
Best regards,
jagparker

Dear Jagparker
If you have just blood on the toiletpaper when you wipe it, it probably is a bleeding hemorroid. But if the blood is more than a teaspoon or two and mixed with the stool, it could be coming from the bowel and then you should rather see your doctor - you may need antibiotics for the diarrhoea.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010-06-07

Dear Jagparker