Posted by: Anon777 | 2009-07-15

Rectal Bleeding

Hi Doc, please advise.
I noticd today that I have rectal bleeding - the blood is bright red, not too much. I have also been suffering from constipation for the last few days and been very stressed with personal problems.

I have had a colonoscopy done in Jan - clear except I have piles and an anal fissure and sometimes do see a bit of blood when something flares up but there is always discomfort like pain and itching in the area during a bowel movement. This time, I have a slight pain in my lower back and lower tummy on the right side and since this morning, I have the bleeding. What could be wrong?

Dear Anon777
It is probably due to piles if the colonoscopy in Jan was clear. Try Proctocedyl ointment but see your doctor if it does not clear up in a few days