Question
Posted by: clueless | 2008-11-17

recruitment agency advice

I for the 1st time tred the recruitment agency route and was placed in less than a month of looking for a vacancy.I was palced in a fixed term contract for one year and am not in the agency' s payroll,but the company I' ll be working for. the contract states that if i resign,or am fired before my contract expires,I have to pay the agency a lump sum of money,is that fair?the contract states that I' ll be on 3 months probation,shouldn' t they give me a period to see if I like the position first?I haven' t signed anything yet.

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

RE: RECRUITMENT AGENCY

I don't believe it is fair to be able to be held to pay the Agency a lump sum. I think this is incorrect. Please explore this with the Department of Labour.