Posted by: Tina | 2012-09-29

Recovery from venomous spider bite

Hi doctor,
I was bitten by a violin spider and, thankfully, am not dead! My own gp is amaized, as I am small and weigh very little. The problem is that my weight is still dropping and the blood tests are not improving quickly enough. I had to quit my job to recover and cannot afford to see my gp every week. Are there any natural remedies I can use, such as herbs? The headaches and night sweats are becoming unbearable but I have not taken any tablets for these, just a simple wet towel on the forehead. Please, any advice will be graciously accepted.

This type of spider bite usually causes necrosis as a long term effect and is not known to cause systemic long term illness. The hemolytic toxin is short acting and I therefore, suggest that you reconsult your GP to determine if your symptoms are maybe due to something else. Chronic headaches are always a worrying symptom and should be investigated thoroughly. Your weight loss is also a concern and as there are a multitude of possibilities, you will have to consult your doctor.

Posted by: Tina | 2012-10-01

Thank you, I will see him again soon.

Reply to Tina