Question
Posted by: Soemone | 2008/09/02

Recovery after d& c

I had a miscarriage at 13 weeks and had a d& c last week Monday. The bleeding stopped completely by wednesday.

I wake up every night either sweating or shivering because I' m cold, although I don' t have a fever.

Last night I woke up in the middle of the night because I was bleeding quite heavily. This only lasted a couple of hours and now there appears to only be " spotting"  from time to time.

Is this normal?

No it is not. You may have an infection. Go back to your gynaecologist.

1
Posted by: Taira | 2008/09/03

Hi there, not that I am an expert, but your symptoms except for the shivering &  sweating at night all else sounds normal to me. I had a D& C on 23 July. My bleeding was normal for about 3 days after the D& C, then only spotting for about another week or 2, but in between there was " moments"  of heavy bleeding, then spotting again. Then on 19 Aug, my normal menstruation came back again, only lasted for +- 4 days, which is normal to me. Should anyway go &  see the Gyne again for a checkup as per his request. When you go for your checkup with him again just mention the shivering &  sweating, maybe it' s not even a problem. Good Luck hope everything gets back to normal soon. AND: sorry about your miscarriage, mine happened at 7 weeks, but 13 weeks, wow, really far in. My thoughts are with you.

Reply to Taira