Posted by: Tshp | 2009-07-26

recommended suppliments during IVF

I am currently going thru IVF, follicles will be extracted tomorrow. which vitamin suppliments are recommended during this process?

Dear Tshp

In general I do not recommend vitamin supplementation, as there is very little if any evidence that such supplementation truly improves pregnancy outcomes. The rear circumstances of mal-absorption syndromes or absolute nutritional deficiency are the only circumstances were I would confidently recommend the use of vitamin supplementation. In most patients enjoying a balanced diet, supplementation is not of any substantial value in terms of conception rates.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Posted by: Anna | 2009-07-28

I am also having IVF and doc said its fine to take supplements, so i am taking the Vial Pregnancy supplements, as it has folic acid, vit b and iron in.

Reply to Anna