Question
Posted by: John | 2010-06-08

Recommended Books

Could the Sexologist recommend a good, newish book for my wife. On helping her discover how to orgasm, she just cant seem to get there, even in oral stimulation, she gets close and enjoys it but just cant get over the hill, so to speak. And no its not anything Im doing wrong, she admits as much. She suggested I buy her a book but Im not sure which book I should get.

Ive seem some but they are written 20 or more years ago, surly there are newer books on the subject that might prove more useful and more effective?

failure to orgasm can be due to psycological as well as physical conditions. my advice would be for your wife to first exclude an underlying medical condition ( eg thyroid disease etc) by visiting her gp or gynaecologist. if there are no obvious psychological issues, it might be worthwhile to see a sexologist/couple's therapist who can give you up to date and new techniques to try out. most books availabel discuss sex positions etc an dont really focus on how to orgasm. you would have to contact your nearest book store for that. Exclusive books usually has a good and up to date range.

9
Posted by: Mr G | 2010-06-08

" Sex for dummies"  is also a good book with a big section on masturbation and real life cases she has handled. Bought if for my other half... and she has learned a lot from it.

Reply to Mr G
Posted by: Ken | 2010-06-08

John, I highly recommend " Pillowbook"  by Dr. Eve, it is aimed at woman, is very recent and is excellent. I read it and really learned a lot too.

Reply to Ken
Posted by: John | 2010-06-08

Thanks for the sensible replys, seems this site has matured in the last few years.

Thanks, Woman, thats actually a very good idea.

Reply to John
Posted by: Woman | 2010-06-08

I know it sounds strange, but have you tried tying her up and putting on a silk scarf over her eyes? The outside sensory deprivation might enhance her inner sexual awareness. Especially if you concentrate on stimulating all the erotic places she has. Tease her for a long time. Maybe that will work, who knows?

Reply to Woman
Posted by: buddie | 2010-06-08

When you''s start to have sex or when she mastubate, she does not relax and " get on with the job" ,the first thing that gets into her mind is thaty she is not going to have a orgasm. You must tel her that she must try not to think about that, have lots of foreplay and try to get her mind off thinking about the orgasm.We had the same problem and the only way is to take it very slow and dont rush it, and it works everytime for us.

Reply to buddie
Posted by: Bozo | 2010-06-08

See if you can google it John, maybe there is something on the net.

Good luck.

Reply to Bozo
Posted by: John | 2010-06-08

Nope, she get close but like I said, she just cant get over the hill even while she masturbates. Thats why she said I must buy her a book, so she can read it comfortably at home with no pressure and see if it might help.

Reply to John
Posted by: Bozo | 2010-06-08

John has she never had an orgasm, not even when she masturbates.??

Reply to Bozo
Posted by: John | 2010-06-08

*sigh*

Not really useful, but thanks anyway. Been to Exclusive books already, found nothing.

Reply to John