Question
Posted by: Karien | 2012/01/13

Recommendation

Could you please refer me to someone who is fairly good at handling sexual problem stemming from Child Abuse as a child?
I live in the Pretoria Area.

It would be professionally irresponsible for me to refer someone or recommend one shrink rather than another. ANY competent psychologist should be able to help with the problems you describe, and someone with broad interests would be better than the occasional shrink who gets over-focussed on issues of late effects of child abuse.
Your GP should be able to recommend someone locally ; SADAG might, and so might FAMSA

2

Posted by: Liza | 2012/01/13

Unfortunately CS does not give recommendations for professional help. If you give the Depression and Anxiety group helpline a call, they can give you list of therapists close to you. I know of one in Wonderboom South who is rather good. If you google " Wonderboom South psychologist"  and click on the first link (excluding the ads that are always on top), you will find her number - she''s the only female in the list.

Good Luck
Liza

Reply to Liza