Question
Posted by: Mike | 2009-06-08

Recommend an allergist?

My ophthalmologist recently informed me that I could be suffering from eye allergies and suggested that I go for allergy testing - he suspects that it could be related to pets, pollen or dust (amongst other things). I have never been tested for allergies. Who do I need to see? Will my GP be able to test me? Or should I see an allergist? If the latter, can anyone recommend a good allergist in the Joburg area? I work in Sandton, so somewhere in the area would be most convenient for me.

Many thanks!

Mike

Dear Mike
Your GP can do most of the basic tests. If needed he can refer you to an allergist.