Posted by: Lesley | 2009-06-28

Thank you for this informative site.
I am 32yrs old and have never used " anti-wrinkle creams"  can you suggest a good skincare product and routine for my age. I have a combination skin. I get the occassional break out, with red patches &  a odd pimple here and there. Please recommend something for me.( or what ingredients to look for on the bottles)

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Lesley, thank you for the question.

The first step in any skin care regime is sun protection and a SPF 50 or higher needs to be considered that contains zinc oxide and/or titanium dioxide. I am a firm believer in alpha hydroxy and polyhydroxy acids combined with anti-oxidants (vitamin C, vitamin A, and vitamin E) and as such recommend that you have a look at the NeoStrata Range of products, however these ingredients can be found in other brands such as Environ, Done, Dr Perricone, etc.
I would also recommend a gentle twice daily face wash that contains either glycolic acid or salicylic acid for the combination skin.

Your response to some questions say to include anti-oxidants.Do u mean in your diet (supplement) or look for it in the skin care products itself?