Posted by: Morning /Weekend Blues.Please help | 2009-01-19

Recent divorce

Hi Guys. Please help. I recently got divorced, 6 weeks ago after a nine year relationship, if you can call it that, no ties no problems, in fact, good riddance, but the problem is that I still wake up in the mornings feeling really blue, lonely and lost, Its almost a physical pain in my solar plexsus. I should be happy and relieved but not so. No matter what I do I feel like this for a good part of the morning and sometimes hover the weekend .Then at some stage I realise how fortunate I am and feel a whole lot better. How can I shake the morning/weekend blues, what can I do or is this something that just takes its own time to go away. Its frustrating because I know I am far better off now than the constant pressure I had during the relationship. Why do I feel like this, is it normal?

Reactions to loss are complex and rather individual, and take quite a lot of time --- months rather than weeks. And grief is uncomfortable. Indeed, being normal is often uncomfortable. It takes its time, but wil lgo away.

Posted by: case | 2009-01-19

It takes time to adjust after a relationship have ended. In time you will feel better. When a relationship ends, everyone handles it differently. Give yourself necessary time grief. Hang in there, it will get better.

Reply to case