Question
Posted by: miri | 2009-12-08

Rebif

Hi Dr

I have been put on Interferon Rebif 3xwkly injections for MS, I started it almost 3 months ago and have noticed that after the 1st month of taking it, i seem to have very light spotting (definetly blood) about a week after my period but also not coinciding with ovulation. I am not on the pill but when i ovulate i have a whitish discharge and slite pain on the side and then a few days after this has gone i have the spotting around day 17 from 1st day of period. I find this unusual because up to now i have always had very regular predictable periods on or off the pill. Have been off the pill now for 2 yrs and up to now very predicatable cycle. I also seem to be bleeding a whole lot more in the past 3 months, on the 1st day of my period which was alwys very little before i am now bleeding through a pad. Very heavy. I have asked the MS nurse and she says REbif no history of interfering with the cycle/hormones?
Could it stl be possible?

There have been reports of menstrual disturbances in animals, though it is less clear in humans, so it is possible.

1
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2009-12-11