Question
Posted by: Shelby | 2009/07/10

Reasons for placenta failing

Hello Doctor,

I am 38 weeks pregnant and have to go in on Monday for a caesar as the gynae says the placenta is failing. What could be the cause of this? Is it perhaps age? I am 37.

Is there anything I can do in the meantime to ensure my baby gets enough nutrients?

Thank you for your time.

Smoking and hypertensioncan cause the placenta to ail, but sometimes there is not clear cause. Good luck fro Monday.

1
Posted by: Toby | 2009/07/10

Its like when they say your placenta is old, that obviously mean your little on is ready to pop out. At 38 weeks you shouldn' t be alarmed cos you baby is fully formed. Gud luck

Reply to Toby