Posted by: Monique | 2009-07-20

Reasons for missed period on yasmin

I have recently gone thought a period of tremendous stress.
On the last day of my active pills I had a form of break through bleeding I could not understand as I have never experienced this before it not a typical period bleed but rather light/diluted blood. This went on into my placebo' s and dissapeared after 3 days. My period normally starts on the 4th day of placebo' s but I did not get a period at all this month and have started the active pills again. I did not miss a pill. I did a home pregnancy test after the first day me period was late which came back negative and then my Dr did a blood test on the 3rd day which was also negative. Please could you tell me what other reasons may cause this. I have been on Yasmin for just over a year and this has never happened before. - Thank you so much M

The 'breakthrough bleed'was probably your period which started a bit early. See what happens next month. Stress can cause menstrual irregularities.