Question
Posted by: anon | 2010/07/06

Reason to be conerned?

Hi doc,

As of recently my thumb and my index finger on my left hand has been twitching alot. It will do it a couple times a day alothough it can be as much as 5 or 6 times in an hour and it goes into little " twitching fits"  where it will twitch for about 30seconds to a mintue!This has never happened before and i am not experiencing any pain or loss of feelings in these fingers,but is there any reason to be concerned about this?

I am currently on ciplam trim 15mg could this be the cause?

thanks doc!

Hallo Anon
Ciplatrim contains sibutramine which can cause seizures (like epilepsy) in some people as well as cramping - stop it for a while and see if the symptoms disappear?

3
Posted by: Michael Chinnu | 2010/10/19

My problem is identical to the twitching problem (above), except that I am not on any medication. Habits - smoking and red wine

Reply to Michael Chinnu
Posted by: sam | 2010/09/06

I was working at night and had a sudden ''shift'' in my vision, lasted about 3 seconds then felt extremely dizzy also for about 3 seconds. After that I had a headache which lasted well into the night. Next day I had a dull headache and felt unsteady on my feet and generally not feeling well. Been on Ciplatrim 15mg for a month and a week. What do you think that was? Could it be a side effect of Ciplatrim?

Reply to sam
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/07/06

Hallo Anon