Question

Reason to be concerned

I met a guy 2 years ago but only recently did we realise that we are attracted to each other and almost 2 months ago we started dating. Our relationship is however long distance but that will change in the next 2 months (due to job reasons and without our intention). We have not been intimate and decided that this is something that we dont want to rush into right now, as we both have had bad experiences and relationships in the past, so we decided that we will become good friends first, and let nature takes its course. We talk every almost every single day without fail, phone calls and BBM etc. However one thing has been bothering me certain days out of the week he decides that he doesnt want to take my calls for 2 days and then he just ignores me. WHen he makes a come back he is very apologetic and comes up with some excuse as to why he was not available. I think that this is too early in our relationship especially considering that we are in a long distance relationship and the phone is our only source of communications. We''ve had this discussion more than once and yet again he has disappeared on me. I suspect that he may have someone else in the city where he is and i am generally not wrong with my suspicions. Am i overreacting or is it just time to cut my losses and move on.

Financiers I have known ( a field, like economics that is totally opaque to me ) tell me that the commonest cause of people making really large investment losses, isn't that some investments at times go sour, but that when they do, people usually stubbornly hang on to them, insisting that they will eventually soar again and make a profit that will eclipse the losses, and lose more and more money till there is none left to soar.
Thinking of becoming good friends, and trying that out for sixe, first,is usually a good idea. If a relationship is sound and will be strong and lasting, there's no need to rush into it ; and if it isn't, then rushing incurs all sorts of penalties.
Maybe things will become clearer for you when, apparently, this will change to less of a long-distance relationship.

1