Question
Posted by: LULU | 2009/12/08

really want a baby

HI!!! DOC MY NAME IS LULU I' M 22 YEARS OF AGE MARRIED TO A 33 YERA OLD GUY HE HAS A CHILD FROM A PREVIOUS RELATIONSHIP ME AS WELL BUT WE HAVE BEEN TRYING TO HAVE OUR OWN SINCE FROM LAST YEAR SEPTEMBER WHEN I REMOVED MY LOOP BUT NOTHING IS HAPPENING AND MY CYCLE IS GETTING SHORTER IT USE TO BE 28 DAYS THEN 27 DAYS NOW IT' S 26/25 DAYS I' M AFRAID THAT I' M BECOMING INFERTILE PLS HELP WHAT CAN I DO?

Dear Lulu

Because your cycle length is being shortened by a few days does not necessarily mean you are becoming infertile. Things do change and there maybe some factors now that may be present making it a little bit more difficult for you to conceive as quickly as you done before. Since it is a year now that you are trying without any success and the fact that most couples do conceive within a year then it would be advisable for you ascertain if there are any causative factors that are taking you long to achieve a second pregnancy. The simple investigations would be to do a sperm test, assess if your fallopian tubes are patent and in addition assess if ovulation is taking place.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

2
Posted by: Samantha | 2010/01/14

Hi I really want to have a baby but cant fall pregnant.3-4yrs ago i had a abortion I had a dnc done as well.and then i was taking yasmin.I have stopped it for about 3 months now and am trying.Should I just be patient?Should i go to the gynae or is there anything I can do to help fall pregnant.Please help as I am really worried?

Reply to Samantha
Posted by: Fertility expert | 2009/12/11

Dear Lulu

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

Reply to Fertility expert