Posted by: Nicholas | 2012-10-15

Really stinky feet

Hi, I have a problem with insanly smelly feet. My feet sweat all the time regardless of what shoes im wearing. The smell is that bad that my family and friends can smell them even when my shoes are still on. It has become really embarressing, i have tried all sorts of sprays, powders and creams and nothing works. I have resorted to buying new shoes every two months due to them smelling so bad. I am 29 years old, when i was younger i did not have this problem. Five years ago i underwent a heart transplant and about three years post transplant this problem developed. I have asked my doctors and they just say i must deal with it. Is there anything else i can do to stop this problem.

Expert ImagePodiatrist

Thank you for your e-mail, you need to see a podiatrist. The surgery could have caused increased secretion of the sweat glands. Excessive sweating of the feet in shoes create a perfect enviroment for bacteria to function in. A podiatrist will be able to assess your condition prescribe the correct foot spray, possibly oral antibiotics if there is a bacterial infection present and advise you on treating your shoes. In the meantime if you are non-diabetic, have good circulation and intact skin, you can soak your feet daily in lukewarm water with 1-2 tablespoons of Epsom Salts. For your nearest podiatrist contact PASA (podiatry association of South Africa) 0861 100 249

Posted by: Shirl | 2012-11-18

Pleasing to find smoeone who can think like that

Reply to Shirl
Posted by: Mohamed | 2012-11-17

The Canada Health Act Discriminates Against InjuredWorkers By Excluding Them From Access To Health Services Without Financial Or Other Barriers By Excluding Any Health Services That A Person Is Entitled To And Eligible For Under Any Act Of The legislature Of A Province That Relates To Workers'' Or Workmen''s Compensation And That This Leaves Injured Workers Vulnerable To Wrongdoing By The Workers Compensation System 

Reply to Mohamed