Question
Posted by: Just me | 2008/10/19

REALLY smelly feet

My nephew is almost 16 and has been putting us in a come with his smelly feet since he was a baby. He wears only leather shoes to school and does not wear his tekkies everyday. At home he is mostly barefeet. His mother battles to find pure cotton schoolsocks in grey. He unfortunately has the added problem that the footpowders and creams causes him to develop exzema on his feet. What could be the cause of his smelly problem and should his mother consult a doctor. He says he' s fine with it but I can not see how you can like it if everybody including the pets leave the room when you take off your shoes.

Dear Just me
Smelly feet are often caused by a combination of sweat and bacteria - so you can try soaking the feet in tea ( tannin reduces sweat) using topical antibiotic like Eryderm ( he may need prescription) or using a strong antiperspirant on the feet like perspirex. He should spray all his shoes inside with surgical alcohol / spirits and put it out in the sun to dry to kill any bacterial growth in the shoes.