Posted by: Luke | 2009-02-10

really shy around girls

Im 15 nearly 16 and I get really shy around girls to the point where I feel embarrassed self concious and probably look really nervous I cant really find much to say to them either I just need some help and advice

Expert ImageTeen expert

Hi Luke,

the best advice I can give you is to simply be yourself and to feel positive about being Luke. You will want to be in a relationship with someone who likes you for who you are, so if you are a shy person then thats okay. Pretending to be someone you are not wont feel right and the other person will pick up on such things.

So take a look in the mirror - tell Luke he is just as good as everyone else and its fine to just be you!

Good luck and best wishes

Posted by: STALLION | 2009-02-11

I suggest that you start a conversation regarding the issues that you and a girl may have common interest in. Like extramural activities at schools, music, TV programs, movies, film stars, etc. Do not do all the talking. Ask her about her likes and dislikes, AND listen more than talking.

Posted by: Jay | 2009-02-11

Well the only way to get yourself to talk to a girl when you' re shy is to flat-out force yourself to. You have nothing to gain from not talking to a girl so you may as well give it a shot.

If you' ve worked yourself up enough to start a conversation, the best thing you can do is merely prompt her and then LISTEN  acknowledge what she says  and then prompt her with another question. People appreciate it when you listen to them and take an interest in their lives. It' ll give you some practice without having to do a whole lot of talking which will boost your confidence.

Give it a shot and good luck! Post more if you have any other questions :)

Reply to Jay
Posted by: oz | 2009-02-11

At your age this is always a problem with some guys.When you get to a girl tell her how nice she looks , beuatifull dress,and talk, listen to what they are talking about and try to talk with them.

Reply to oz