Question

Really people

It seems what most people lack on this site is common bloody sense. Most of the issues you address to CS is nothing more than fools perpetuating foolish choices and then crying about it.

On what basis were you assuming that common sense is common ?
Maria raises a very important point - people seem to think a baby is glue, that it bonds a couple together, makes and irresponsible and selfish biodad reform, and so on - it doesn't it is a new human being with its own rights which are consistently being ignored.
So much effort, scientificall and socially, went into devising effective birth control and enabling women to access it, but so many seem not to be using it sensibly. Imagine how society would work if everyone was naturally sterile, and could only become fertile when taking a particular medicine to achieve that. The Ceptive Pill ?

10
Posted by: Maria | 2012/06/12

Of course it takes two to tango, so the men are just as much to blame. It''s just that in 99% of the cases the kids seem to end up being primarily the mom''s responsibility.

And I''m really not fussed by someone referring to the meds I take. I do take a lot of pills. I wish it wasn''t necessary. But I''m not ashamed of it and I don''t care who knows it.

Reply to Maria
Posted by: Queen | 2012/06/12

Ouch Anon2! That is way below the belt.
Maria was actually stating the facts here. Bringing kids into this world for any other reason other than to love them is down right dumb/selfish/irresponsible you name it. And now you say these women should not be critised?

Reply to Queen
Posted by: DeeDee | 2012/06/12

Anon - you should not log into health 24 then you can save yourself alot of irritation.

And in this post how have you helped anyone? Just adding to the irratation

Reply to DeeDee
Posted by: Romany | 2012/06/12

To Aon2
Now me, I am on no medication...... unless you count vitamins? And I think Maria makes a very valid point and I think these women are idiots.
Baby factories in fact

Reply to Romany
Posted by: Maria | 2012/06/12

Right you are Anon2, nobody in the world can think clearly without being on meds. NOT!

Reply to Maria
Posted by: Anon2 | 2012/06/12

maria, don''t criticize all these women. Obviously they can''t keep a straight head as you do, because they are not on all the meds ur on!

Reply to Anon2
Posted by: Maria | 2012/06/12

I wonder what effect it has on children to grow up with constant conflict between their parents. If they never see an example of a happy, harmonious relationship (either between their biological parents or a parent with a new partner), what are their chances of having successful relationships of their own one day?

Reply to Maria
Posted by: Romany | 2012/06/12

Maria you are SPOT ON.
One would think in 2012 women would not be so bloody stupid.

Reply to Romany
Posted by: Maria | 2012/06/12

What worries me is the number of women who have children with men / losers they are neither married to, nor in a committed relationship. Clearly having a baby does NOT motivate the man to change, love you or make the relationship permanent. All this kind of situation does is complicate your life for ever and a day.

Reply to Maria