Question
Posted by: Angela | 2012-04-04

really neccesary?

i gave birth on the 26th of feb had a c-section and was discharged from hospital the 29th of feb. i was told to see my gynea in 6weeks again don''t know why probably to see that everything is ok. but is it really neccesary for me to see him as i''m feeling fine. this is exhausting my medical aid as i have limited benefits.

It is a good idea, so that he can check that the wound has healed, that your uterus is back to normal, that there is no infection, etc.

2
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2012-04-09

Posted by: Lee | 2012-04-05

That''s the 6 week check and it''s a must. He/She will check to see you are not bleeding at all, they will check the uterus size and if there are any remains of placenta etc and that the uterus has gone back to the correct size. Since you had a c-section he/she will also check your incision site etc. He/She may even ask about breatfeeding and do a brest check. He/She may do a pap smear as it may be necessary at this stage.

Reply to Lee