Posted by: Blank | 2011-12-01

Really in need of some answers

Hi there,

For quite some time now I have been experiencing dizzyness, faintness, pins and needles in head and arms, uncomfortable feeling in chest, almost like I am going to die. All these feelings come on at once.. sometimes lasts 20 or 30 minutes, sometimes lasts all day. Im a 25 year old male, exersise every day, eat fairly healthily. It really scares me when this this happens... My backround is not perfect.. I smoked marijuana for 13 years, almost every day (Quit that about two months ago), as well as cigarettes, which I am busy quitting now.. For the record, 90% of these attacks have happend after I smoke cigarettes, and every time I smoked marijuana before I quit. Smoking pot was an instant trigger fot this, thats why I stopped. I thought that my body was just sick of it and developed some sort of defence mode towards it.. But Months after I stopped even cigarettes bring it on and that really freaked me out. Even things like phedra cut xt fat burners bring it on, quite badly! (FYI to proffesionals out there who might have a diagnosis.. I would really appreciate some advise here, its messing with my life! Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night with the feeling too.. not only after stimulants etc. It reall beats beats me on what this can be, hoping there is explanation out there. Quite tight on cash as I just started a small business recently.. So dont have money to splurge on doctors or tests.. Some medical advice on here would be highly appreciated.. Thanking you in advance..

Unfortunately, I do not have a simple explanation. Your history with cigarette smoking and marijuana use puts you at risk for heart disease. It is possible that your symptoms are due to abnormal heart beat. You will have to consult a doctor for an examination, blood tests and ECG. Another possibility is that you merely have an excessive reaction to stimulants, which include cigarettes and marijuana.

It is however, very important to evaluate your heart and to exclude other possibilities, like thyroid disease.