Question
Posted by: kermie | 2010/12/02

really heavy period

hi i am 35 years old and have been experiencing heavy periods that go on for about 10 to 14 days. Since then i went to the gynae and he told me i needed to have a letz biopsy which i had in august. Now they are really bad. This is about my 4th day and i am using a super plus lilets tampon which is leaking in 2 hours already. What can the cause be and what should i do. It is hectic.

I presume that the results of the biopsy were normal and the uterus was not enlarged. The next step would be a D&C or hysteroscopy to check for any problems inside the uterus. It could also be hormonal in which case there are a number of options e.g.the Pill

1