Question
Posted by: Sam | 2012/06/05

Reall dont want another surgery. Can I wait this ovarian cyst out?

I am 30 years old and have been trying to conceive for a year. I have had a laparoscopy for endometriosis when I was 24, another laparoscopy to remove a simple cyst when I was 28 and a laparotomy in February this year to remove a complex cyst on my right ovary. I have been on 100mg Fertomid CD5-9 for my Mar, Apr &  May cycles, unmonitored as my gynae was unavailable. I went and had my own 7dpo Progesterone bloods done last month to ensure I was ovulating, my Progesterone level was 148.2, which is far too high. So I decided to do this cycle naturally to see if I ovulate on my own. I am a little concerned as I am currently on CD 8 and have had increasing discomfort on my right side near my ovary since last week CD 4. My last period also only lasted 2 days, it usually lasts 5, I''ve also felt a little feverish. I think I have another cyst developing on my right ovary, I really don''t want to have another surgery. Can I wait it out, Im hoping that it is just a functional cyst that will dissappear on its own. Is it possible for me to ovulate with a cyst? And is it safe for me to wait it out or should I go and see my gynae now?

If their is only some discomfort it is worth waiting it out. As you had a short period, there is also a possibility that you could be pregnant.

1