Question
Posted by: Caila | 2008/06/13

Real friend or not

My friend has not responded to any of my emails for the last 3 months (and I know for a fact she has received them). I get so the helling because she is quick to boast about how great her life is in the States (knowing that mine isn't great at all) but now they have hit a slump (hubby has been told to leave his "oh-so-wonderful" job and they have to sell their home and move to another state) and he had to give his car back as they could not afford it. Now I don't get a single email from her. I thought real friends stick together but I get the feeling with her that it's all about bragging and nothing else and then when things get tough she completely ignores me.

Sounds like she feels embarrassed, having boasted so much, at their reduced circumstances, and is shy about contacting you when she has only bad news on their side --- and she may be very pre-occupied in dealing with the day-to-day problems. Excellent responses, as usual, from SR and GVOR

4
Posted by: 33 | 2008/06/13

Babe ,educate urself before commending my dear.U can easily set ur emails to show u if the person rec the emal or read the email.U get a response back,even if the message is deleted without being read,u will 100% know..........ur comments are rude I suggest u apologise to Caila!!!

Reply to 33
Posted by: Babe | 2008/06/13

U do not sound like a true friend right now.... true friends are there through good times and bad. How do u know that she has received your emails? How sure r u that she def did receive them. With things going so "bad" maybe they can not afford to have internet/ email at home? N with not having a car n losing their home - she might b in a new place where she does not know where to get an internet cafe or it might be to far out to walk?

Reply to Babe
Posted by: Gentle Voice Of Reason (GVOR) | 2008/06/13

She's might be feeling embarrassed about the fact that her hubby lost the job and now she has nothing to brag about anymore. Let her adjust to her new circumstance and see what she says when she does communicate with you again eventually. If she just goes right back to bragging instead of apologising for not returning your emails, then she's not worth your time or energy

Reply to Gentle Voice Of Reason (GVOR)
Posted by: SR | 2008/06/13

How long do you know this friend? Since Childhood? You guys been through ups and downs before where you have shared and supported one another? Maybe it's pride that prevents her from sharing with you? Be patient

Reply to SR