Posted by: Biboo | 2012-09-21

ready to have a baby

i am 23 years old and have a good paying job . ithink i am ready to have a child of my own. ilove children very much.I am not taking any contraceptive pills since 2010.My weight is fine so i was wondering if you can help me or give me tips on how to fall pregnent fast.

Dear Biboo
As a start you should be having unprotected intercourse for a period of at least 9 months on a regular basis(at least 2-3 times a week). Should you have not conceived over this period of time, I suggest your partner have a sperm analysis done as a first improve your chances during those 9 months, I would advise you to do ovulation monitoring, using the ovulation kits(clearplan or ovuplan). This will have a dual advantage of firstly confirming that you are ovulating and secondly to help time intercourse more accurately. If after 9 months and with a normal sperm analysis there is still no result, you will need to have a full gynaecological evaluation, and in particular an assessment of fallopian tubes status.
Answered by: Dr M.I.Cassim