Question
Posted by: Linny | 2011/04/06

Ready to give up

I''m just done! I''ve had enough and can''t take it anymore. The moodswings, not knowing what my mood''ll be like the next hour, feeling helpless, being drawn into the black hole AGAIN. I''m ready to swallow all the meds I have and just not be anymore.

I was diagnosed with Bipolar 2 years ago and was admitted to a Clinic where I was under Psyciatric and Psychological monitoring and care for 3 weeks. I was well enough to have stopped my meds in May last year. My psyciatrist also thought I was doing OK enough to start reducing my meds. But I just stopped taking them - I know it wasn''t a wise decision.

Now 2 YEARS later I feel helpless AGAIN. I really thought that I''ve beaten the monster for good. But it has won.

It's not in any way your fault if you hav Bipolar Disorder. It might be considered your fault if you unwisely choose not to follow good advice and get it properly treated. Overdosing is no solution. The fact that on previous treatment you were considered fine last year is proof that you can be well again. But the decision to stop your meds then was foolish. You know that. The monster has only won, temporarily, because you chose to allow it to do so. Now choose NOT to allow it to do so. See the psychiatrist and resume proper treatment, and this time remain on proper anti-Bipolar medication permanently and stay well.

2
Posted by: Maria | 2011/04/06

Linny, it can only win if you let it. And using meds and talk therapy to fight it is not only acceptable, it is the smart thing to do. Bipolar is a disease, not a character flaw. Go and see your psychiatrist and get the help you need and deserve.

Reply to Maria