Posted by: Bridget Bonito | 2011-06-13

Reactive Hypoglycemia

My Doctor just diagnosed me with reactive hypoglycemia. She is not very knowledgeable about the subject. I eat every 2-3 hours a Whole grain and Whole protein. My median Blood glucose is 80. It never goes over 110 1.5 hours after I eat. I can feel when it starts to fall rapidly, most of the time, by the time i reach my meter it has fallen to 45 or lower. I am very concerned because I am 23 weeks pregnant. I already eat what I am supposed to, is there anything else I can do?

Hypoglycemic attacks in pregnancy are difficult to treat. Please refer to the following article for detailed information:

You must be very careful, as the symptoms of a hypoglycemic attack can be amplified due to being pregnant, especially symptoms like dizziness, impaired cognitive function and even loss of conciousness.