Question
Posted by: sly bersea | 2010/12/13

reactions

i have funny abdominal activities, i think am lactose intolerant, but i fart at almost anything i eat in act i fart bout 100 times a day, its utterly embarrassing, and my sneeze smells terribly i fink its got some thing to do with ma diet, need help

Dear Sly
I would recommend that you have a medical checkup because flatulence can be causes by such a wide variety of conditions that it is vital to obtain a diagnosis before you start cutting out essential foods. Flatulence can be a symptom of the following medical conditions, among others: irritable bowel syndrome, ulcers, gastritis, enzyme deficiencies, food intolerances (to many different food components, not just lactose), allergies, coeliac disease (inability to digest gluten), gallbladder, liver and pancreas problems, etc. Tell the dr that you suspect that you are lactose intolerant so that he/she can send you for the relevant tests because it would be wrong to cut out all dairy foods without proof that you are actually lactose intolerant.
I hope the dr can diagnose what is causing this problem. If it should be food related we can look at dietary changes once you have a diagnosis.

1

Dear Sly